Friday, January 8, 2010

Citifield Paintings Series

"GAME FACE" (16" x 20" oil) by Faith Goldstein fine Art
Happy New Year....... a new year and a new direction in my paintings. Or is it an old, familiar style, done in oil paints instead of acrylics? (...Something I wasn't sure I could accomplish.) Time will tell, but I am excited to share the first in a series of paintings based on photos I shot at the new Citifield, located in Queens, New York. Home to the Mets, I mostly took interest in the action of the people in the stands- the fans and the vendors, and used the field as the backdrop to elicit the excitement and the memories of being in the stadium!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you using oils. I love them. Look forward to this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam...thanks for the comment, and the encouragement! -Faith

    ReplyDelete