Monday, January 18, 2010

Rockland Lake State Park - New York

"Picnic Table" (Winter at Rockland Lake State Park)
9x12 oil - By Faith Goldstein fine art


I am participating in an "Artists in the Parks" event, this week-end, at Rockland Lake State Park. It is called the Knickerbocker Ice Festival. AiP will have a tent set up with paintings and photographs available for purchase, and a silent auction will be held on Sunday, the 24th, with a percentage going to benefit the Parks Conservancy. If you are in the area, please come out and support this event!


Landscapes are quite a challenge, for me, to paint. It is overwhelming to 'fool the eye' into thinking such a vast space exists on a small canvas! I drove out to paint in Don's studio on Saturday morning, to begin one of these landscapes. When I started it, I was terrified that I just could not do it... but after working a bit, I then became terrified because some of the marks seemed right! I welcome the day (and pray for it!), when my confidence will guide me through, without this panic. .........The cold winter landscape echoes my mood, and my life right now; I'll appreciate the warmth of a new season!

No comments:

Post a Comment