Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Knickerbocker Lofts - New Rochelle

"Bocker Lofts" 24 x 30 acrylic by Faith Goldstein

Way back in June, I attended the private party for The Knickerbocker Art Show 2010, that was held in New Rochelle, New York. Now, (I'm quite sure), I am not known as a "party girl", but even I knew that this was a party not to be missed! I bravely stepped out of my box, and called to see if I could be added to the guest list. (Thank you, John Reverol, who produced this show, for your kindness, always!) With camera in hand, I ventured on my own to The Knickerbocker Lofts building, which, for this week-end only, was transformed into the most incredible multi-gallery artspace and celebration of contemporary art, that I had ever seen. All available public spaces and artists lofts, showcased cutting edge works in paint, photography, video and three-dimensional objects d'art. .....I mentioned that I ventured on my own, but once there, found myself to be connected... to the people in the arts community, that I am actively getting to know, and with artists in participation. I left this week-end, with many photo-images, many memories, and the anticipation of the next Big Art Show; which, in New Rochelle, can be happening on almost any given weekend!

I also left The Knickerbocker Art Show, with the confirmation of knowing that my heart truly does lie in the arts... and in the marks of the painting above!

(Truly grateful to have company on this journey.)


No comments:

Post a Comment