Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Perkin's Tower, BEAR MOUNTAIN

"A Walk by Perkin's Tower, Bear Mountain State Park" (11x14 oil) by Faith Goldstein ....$200

"Perkin's Tower, Bear Mountain State Park" (11x14 oil) by Faith Goldstein....$200


I am a member of the Artists In the Parks program for the Pallisades Park Conservancy, and have been invited to participate in their "Art on the Trail" event, which takes place on Saturday and Sunday, September 19th & 20th. Due to my still shaky plein air skills, I got a head start by painting these two in my studio, from reference photos I shot earlier in the summer. I'm not sure if I will paint on Saturday, but these two should be on display with the other participant's work, on SATURDAY AFTERNOON & on SUNDAY. (A portion of the purchase price is donated to the Conservancy.) Bear Mountain State Park holds a special place in my heart. It is one of my earliest memories... probably because of the very tiny photo, I have, of me there, when I was only 3!
(Still to come... Lake George boats!) Whew... what a busy summer! Time for my daughter to begin her own journey, away at college, for the first time! ........I'll be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment